Asian stir fry sauces with veggies and meat is always a good to go with rice and noodles and its our favourite too. I had this kind of stir fry for the first time from the Chinese restaurant here in NewZealand.
The meat is marinated with the sauces and a gravy sauce is prepared with spices and sauces and the meat and veggies are tossed in this gravy till a desired consistency is reached.
In this recipe I have used beef strips ( thin cuts ); cut from a rump steak piece. Let’s checkout the detailed recipe below.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins
COOKING TIME:20 mins
- Beef Strips : 250g
- Garlic :1tbsp finely chopped
- Spring onion greens :1tbsp
- White onion: 1 sliced
- Celery :1 cup diced
- Carrots :1 cup diced
- Sesame oil: 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce: 2tbsp
- Corn flour: 2tbsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Chinese cooking wine: 1 n 1/2 tbsp
For gravy sauce:
- Soy sauce: 3tbsp
- Oyster sauce: 2tbsp
- Chinese cooking wine: 1tbsp
- Brown sugar:1tsp
- Black pepper powder:2tsp
- Marinate the beef strips with the ingredients mentioned above under “ for marination”, keep aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the gravy sauce ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat a skillet ; preferably a wok or cast iron skillet, add sesame oil, add garlic and onions and slightly sweat the onions.
- Add the marinated beef and cook it without moving for around 2 to 3 mins in two batches and when your see the fat releasing from the meat , start tossing it gently.
- Toss for 5 mins, add the celery and carrots and mix, sauté for around 2 mins.
- Add the gravy sauce and mix, you can add 1/2 cup hot water if you think the sauce is too thick.
- Let it cook for 2 mins and finish by adding the spring onion greens. Serve hot with noodles or jasmine rice.