Ragi or finger millet is one of the healthiest food one must include in your diet especially for ones who are trying to shed some pounds off their body. Nutritionists say including ragi 2 to 3 weeks in a week is really beneficial for your health. And since I am following healthy eating these days I have been very particular about the food which I put inside my body.
In this recipe I have used fenugreek micro greens as topping, you can use any micro greens of your choice.Adding these makes the final dish more healthier and serving it for breakfast is a great option.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
- Ragi /finger millet flour: 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Salt: 1tsp
- Microgreens: 1 cup
- Black sesame seeds: 1 tsp
- Ghee/ clarified butter: 1 tsp
- Gun powder: for topping ( optional)
- Mix together the ragi flour, wheat flour ,salt and black sesame seeds. Make a semi thin batter by mixing in some water gradually and the batter should be lump free.
- Heat a cast iron skillet, grease with some oil. Do not overheat the skillet as the Utah-Pam may stick to the skillet and wont come off easily.Pour a ladle full of batter on the centre, gently spread a little.
- Add some chopped microgreens on top, sprinkle with some gunpowder and let it cook for 1 to 2 mins.
- Flip and cook for another 2 mins and transfer to a bowl. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with any chutney or pickle or tomato sauce.
“EAT HEALTHY, STAY HEALTHY “