On a cold wet night, after all the stressful hours at work, the thought of a bowl of hot and spicy soup eases me off and keeps me warm and cosy. A perfect bowl of soup is a blend of few simple ingredients, complimenting each other and when simmered bringing out all the wonderfull flavours of every single ingredient, I must say it stirs my soul.
In this soup recipe, I have used veggies like turnips, parsnip, cauliflower and white onions. Each of these veggies have its own special flavour and together stands out and makes the soup super delicious.
Let’s checkout the recipe below.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- Parsnip: 1/2 cubed
- Turnip: 1 cubed
- Cauliflower florets: 1 n 1/2 cups
- White onions: 1 sliced
- Dried parsley:1tsp
- Black pepper powder:1tsp
- Cayenne pepper: a pinch
- Mustard powder: 1/4tsp
- Onion powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ginger: 1tsp minced
- Garlic:1tsp minced
- Lime juice:1tsp
- Stock: 4cups
- Olive oil: 1tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- In a bowl mix together the veggies with olive oil, lime juice.herbs and spices and salt. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 200 ° C. Transfer the veggies into a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the veggies for 20 mins. Remove from oven and let it cool slightly.
- Blend the roasted veggies with some water into fine paste like consistency.
- Heat a stockpot, add butter and pour the blend veggies into the stockpot.
- Also add the stock , you can use veg or chicken stock. Let it simmer on medium flame for 15 mins.
- Add some more salt if required and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.