Today is Valentine’s Day. For me , Cooking is like LOVE, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all. People who love to eat are always the best people.So on this Valentine’s Day, I made a special desert “ STRAWBERRY KHEER” .
Kheer is a type of pudding in Indian cuisine prepared using milk, sugar and rice or substitutes like vermicelli, tapioca pearls, millets etc. It’s flavoured with nuts and dry fruits and served as a desert.
Here in this recipe I have prepared Kheer with a little twist in it by adding strawberries. Checkout my detailed recipe below to know how.
Preparation time: 15 MINS
Cooking time: 45 MINS
Serves: 4 -5
- Strawberries: 2 cups chopped
- Full cream Milk: 1 litre
- Roasted Vermicelli: 1 cup
- Condensed milk: 1 cup
- Rose syrup: 4 tbsp
- Brown sugar: 1 cup
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
- Almonds: 1/4 cup chopped
- Cashews: 1/4 cup chopped
- Pistachios : 1/4 cup chopped
- First we need to make the strawberry paste, heat a pan. Add chopped strawberries and sugar and cook on medium heat.When the pieces start to dissolve add 2tbsp of rose syrup and mix.
- Continue stirring intermittently and cooking on medium heat until there’s just few chunks left behind. Turn off the heat and keep it aside to cool.
- Boil milk in a wide bottom pan.When the milk starts to boil, add cardamom powder and mix.
- Lower the heat and add condensed milk and mix well. Stir for a minute and add chopped nuts and roasted vermicelli mix them all up and boil for another 10 mins on medium heat. Keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the heat when the vermicelli is soft and cooked through. Keep it aside to cool.
- When both the strawberry paste and Kheer has come down to room temperature, add the strawberry paste to the Kheer and also add 2tbsp of rose syrup and mix them well.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins and serve chilled.