Seafood in fried rice and when it has spicy schezwan sauce in it it, it makes the dish a fire. This is one such recipe. Really quick to prepare and ready in less than 30 minutes you can whip up this recipe for lunch or dinner.
My personal tip for making perfect fried rice is using cold rice or leftover rice . You can use any long grain rice but I prefer sticky rice or jasmine rice. Sticky rice gives a special flavour to the fried rice.Y out can also add veggies of your choice and make it more filling.
Let’s checkout the detailed recipe below .
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
Serves: 3 to 4
- Cooked rice: 4 cups
- Prawns : 2 cups
- Onions: 1/2 sliced
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Spring onion whites: 1 tbsp chopped
- Spring onion greens: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Chilli oil: 1 tbsp
- Schezwan chutney / sauce: 2 to 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Carrots: 1 cup juliennned
- Cabbage: 1 cup shreedded
- Olive oil / Sunflower oil: 4 tbsp
- Heat a wok. Add oil , do not over heat the oil. Add chilli oil and toss quickly.
- Add ginger,garlic and spring onion whites and toss on medium high heat.
- Next add the prawns and toss for couple of minutes. Add soy sauce and fish sauce and toss and cook the prawns for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add onions and carrots and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Next add the cabbage and mix well.
- Add rice and mix well with veggies and prawns. Add schezwan sauce and some salt to taste and mix gently.
- Finally add spring onion greens and its ready to serve.
You must log in to post a comment.