A simple Chicken curry with prominent garlic flavour which is very less spicy , which means mild to tastebuds . But the gravy is rich in flavour from the juices of the chicken mixed with turmeric, pepper and garlic; the most flavourful spices n condiments !!!
This Chicken curry is very quick to prepare and can be served with rice, rotis or any breads. Let’s Checkout the detailed recipe below 👇 . Do share your feedback in the comments below if you try this recipe .
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 to 40 mins
Serves: 3 to 4
- Chicken : 800 g ( bone in preferred)
- Garlic Cloves: 12 to 15 cloves sliced
- Green Chilies: 2 slit
- Curry leaves: few
- Onions: 2 finely sliced
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Black peppercorns: 1 to 1.5 tbsp crushed
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp chopped
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add coconut oil.
- Add the sliced garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and toss well for a minute on low heat.
- Next add sliced onions with some salt and sauté on medium heat till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder and toss for a minute.
- Now add the chicken pieces and mix the chicken with the masala.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins. No need to add water, the water from the chicken will be released and that should be enough.
- Next add generous amount of freshly crushed black pepper and mix well.
- Now add 2 cups of hot water and simmer on medium heat for another 15 to 20 mins.
- When the gravy is reduced and the chicken is cooked well add some finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot !
You can use any chicken pieces with bone in for this recipe, bone in tastes more delicious than boneless for this recipe.