- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Soya chunks-1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Onions -1 large finely sliced
- Tomatoes-1 finely chopped
- green chillies-1 vertically slit
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- salt-for taste
- Mint leaves- few
- Coriander leaves-few
- Curd-1 tsp
- Soak rice for 15 to 20 mins.Boil little water and soak soya chunks for 5 mins. Squeeze the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel add cumin seeds,let it splutter.Add ginger garlic paste, saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add onions and saute till translucent add turmeric powder,chilli powder,cumin powder,salt and mix well.add little water so that the spices blend well.
- Add tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy.
- Add soya chunks and mix.Add water and cook for some time.
- Add garam masala powder, little curd ,mint leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Layer the soaked rice on top of this and close and cook until the rice gets cooked.
- Open once done and mix well.Add little lime juice.
You must log in to post a comment.