Cooking time: 50 to 60 mins
- Chicken:1 kg
- Basmati rice:2 cups
- Onion:5 finely sliced
- Tomatoes:2 chopped
- Coriander leaves:1 handful
- Cashews:10 to 12
- Chilli powder:2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder:1/2tbsp
- Pepper powder:2 tbsp
- Meat masala:1 tbsp
- Biriyani masala:1 tbsp
- Coriander powder:1tbsp
- Yellow food color:a pinch
- Milk:1 tsp
- Bay leaf :2
- Cinamon stick:1 small
- Salt:for taste
- Coconut oil
How to prepare:
- Soak rice in water for 15 to 20 mins.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a vessel.Add rice and mix well.
- Add cloves,cardamom,bay leaves,cinamon stick and water and let it boil.
- Once rice is 3/4th cooked drain and keep aside.
For chicken masala:
- Marinate chicken with yogurt,chilli powder,turmeric powder,pepper powder,coriander powder,meat masala,salt and keep aside for half an hour.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in coconut oil,drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok,add onions and saute until it turns golden brown.Add ginger garlic chilli paste and saute for 2 mins.
- Grind tomato and coriander leaves into smooth paste and add this to the onions and saute until tomato starts leaving oil.
- Add all spice powders and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and salt and little water.cover and cook for sometime.
- Soak cashews in little warm water and grind into smooth paste.Add this to the chicken gravy and mix well.
- Cook for 5 mins and keep aside.
- Now take a big vessel,grease it with ghee,put one layer of chicken gravy and add rice layer on top of it.keep on adding the layers until chicken gravy is over.Top layer should be of rice.
- In between layers you can add finely chopped coriander leaves and fried onions on top of rice layer.
- Garnish top most layer with coriander leaves,fried onions,fried cashews and food color mixed in 1 tsp of milk.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook for 5 mins.
- Let it rest for 10 mins and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.