N.B: You can use any ripe bananas for making this cake.. I had used ripe kerala bananas.
- Ripe bananas: 3
- All purpose flour/maida:1 n 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar: 1cup
- Baking powder:2 tbsp
- Baking soda :1 tsp
- Salt :a pinch
- Vanilla essence: 1 tbsp
- Orange zest:1/2 tsp
- Butter/vegetable oil: 1 cup
- Beat eggs along with little salt using a whisker until froth appears.
- Add melted butter or vegetable oil to this and whisk again.
- Add powdered sugar partly n mix well.
- Sieve together maida,baking bowder ,baking sugar and add partly to the batter.Mix well.there should not be any lumps.
- Add vanilla esence and orange zest freshly grated and mix well.
- Mash the ripe bananas well and add it to the prepared batter.
- This cake is made in pressure cooker.. so we need to preheat the cooker first.. spread a layer of salt at the bottom of cooker, keep a small vessel or stand on top of which cake tin can be placed. Care should be taken to remove the weight from the whistle of cooker.
- Now close and preheat the cooker for 10 mins.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil.. place a butter paper at the bottom .
- Pour the prepared cake batter upto 3/4 of cake tin.
- Open the cooker and place the cake tin on top of the vessel inside.close and cook for almost 30 to 40 mins in medium flame.
- After 40 mins open the lid and pass a fork or tooth pick through the cake and remove it out . If nothing sticks to it the cake is done.
- Let it cool fr sometime.