Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 to 8
- Onion: 3 big finely chopped
- Kolhapuri masala /chicken masala: 3tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder : 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Lime juice : 2 tsp
- Chicken: 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves : finely chopped 1 cup
To grind :
- Dry coconut pieces : 1 cup
- Garlic cloves : 8
- Ginger : 1 small piece
- Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds : 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds : 2 tsp
- Clean chicken pieces ,drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add half of the chopped onions and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Now add chicken pieces and mix well , saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add salt and 2 n half cups of water and pressure cook till 2 whistles.
- Dry roast cumin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Grind together dry coconut, garlic cloves , ginger, roasted cumin and ginger , coriander leaves and water into a smooth paste.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from flame add separate the chicken stock and keep aside.
- In another vessel heat little oil and saute remaining chopped onions until it turns translucent.
- Add the ground paste and little water and cook for 3 mins.
- Add kolhapuri masala or chicken masala and kashmiri chilli powder.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock and more water and let it boil.
- Add chicken pieces and salt and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice , bhakri or roti.