Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serves: 4 to 5
- Squid : 1/2 kg
- Onions: 2 chopped vertically
- Tomatoes: 2 roughly chopped
- Green chillies : 2
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Garlic: 6 cloves crushed
- Curry leaves: few
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil
- Salt: for taste
- Clean squid properly and cut it into small rings.
- Marinate it with chilli powder, pepper powder,turmeric powder,salt,curry leaves and coconut oil. Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Deep fry the squid until it gets half cooked.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds,let it splutter then add fennel seeds,green chillies ,ginger and garlic.Saute for a minute.
- Add onions and little salt and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy.
- Add all dry spice powders,sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Now add fried squid to this ,mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and close and cook for 15 mins.
- Garnish it with curry leaves.