Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 5 to 6
- Crab : 500 gms
- Onions: 2 chopped
- Tomatoes: 1 chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp crushed
- Garlic: 1 tsp crushed
- Green chilli : 2 crushed
- Grated coconut: 1 cup
- Salt: for taste
- Curry leaves: few
- Coconut oil : 2 tbsp
For masala paste:
- Kashmiri red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Shallots: 5 to 6 nos.
- Garlic cloves: 2 to 3
- Ginger: a small piece
- For masala paste, grind all the ingredients listed under masala into a smooth consistency.
- Heat oil in a clay pot , add crushed ginger , garlic, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute for a minute and add onions with little salt .
- Saute onions until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ground masala paste and little water and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook until it turns mushy.
- Now add the cleaned crab pieces into it and mix well.
- Close and cook for 5 mins.
- Remove the lid and add grated coconut ( blend it just once coarsely in grinder before adding).
- Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve.