A kerala special preparation made during Onam. Achappam is a sweet and crispy snack. We get to buy this directly from stores but the homemade achapams are really special. So do try this recepie.
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Yield: 25 to 30
- Raw rice / pachari : 2 glass
- Coconut milk: 1 glass
- Black sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar: 1 cup
- Salt: a pinch
- Eggs: 2
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: for deep frying
- Achapam mould
- Soak rice for 2 hours atleast.
- Divide rice into half and first grind it along with 3/4 glass coconut milk into a smooth paste.
- Noe grind the remaining half rice with 2 eggs and coconut milk.
- Pour this into a bowl.
- The batter should be semi thick in consistency.
- Add salt, powdered sugar, sesame seeds and baking soda and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Dip the achapam mould in oil, it should be heated enough everytime before dipping in batter.
- Now remove the mould from oil and dip it 3/4 th in batter and dip it in oil.Care should be taken not to dip it very deep touching the wok.
- Drop it from the mould by slightly shaking and tapping.
- Fry both the sides until slight brown in colour.
- Drain and keep aside.
You must log in to post a comment.