Murukku ; also known as chakli is among the many preparation made during onam festival. Its made with various types of flour. Here i have used rice flour and little maida.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Yield: 30 to 40
- Rice flour: 2 cups
- Maida: 2 tbsp
- Urad dal: 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Ajwain: 1 tbsp
- Black sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Asoefetida : a pinch
- Dry roast urad dal and grind it into smooth powder.
- In a bowl mix together rice flour, urad dal powder, maida, salt, ajwain, sesame seeds , red chilli powder, asoefitida ,oil and water.
- Knead and make a soft dough by adding enough water.
- Keep it for 10 mins.
- Now in a chakli maker fill some dough ,close the lid properly and check if the batter comes out smoothly without breaking.
- If not add some more water to the batter and make it into soft dough.
- Now make chaklis out of the dough and deep fry it till it becomes golden brown.