Another chila recepie , made with moong dal and veggies. You may add veggies of your choice in this recepie. This is a healthy and nutritious recepie, made for breakfast or snack.
Preparation time: 4 hours
Cooking time: 15 mins
Yield: 5 to 6
- Moong dal ( yellow) : 1 cup
- Onion: 1 small finely chopped
- Green chillies: 1 or 2 finely chopped
- Carrots : finely chopped 1 tbsp
- Frozen peas: 1 tbsp crushed
- Coriander leaves: few finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Hing / asoefitida: a pinch
- Ginger: 1 small piece finely chopped
- Salt: for taste
- Vegetable oil
- Wash and clean moong dal.
- Soak moong dal for 4 hours or overnight.
- Grind moong dal into a smooth paste with little water.
- The batter consistency should not be very thin nor very thick.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, chilli powder, hing , salt and mix well.
- Now add the veggies and mix and keep aside for 5 to 10 mins.
- Heat a non stick tawa and grease it with oil.
- Pour the batter with a deep round spoon and just lightly spread it.
- Drizzle oil from sides.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
You must log in to post a comment.