Brinjal/ eggplant chutney is a southindian cuisine. A very delicious side dish which can be had along with chapatis, rice , dosa or idli.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Brinjal: 3 long and medium sized chopped
- Tomatoes: 2 small chopped
- Garlic: 3 to 4 cloves
- Ginger: 1 small piece chopped
- Green chilli: 1 chopped
- Tamarind paste: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Hing powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add garlic, ginger and green chillies. Toss for a minute.
- Add chopped brinjal and saute for 4 to 5 mins till the brinjals become tender.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and tamarind paste and saute till tomatoes become soft.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down a little.
- Blend this into a smooth paste.
- Now heat oil in the same kadhai, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and hing powder.let it crackle.
- Add the ground paste and add all the dry spice powders along with salt and mix.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- You may add little water if its too thick.
You must log in to post a comment.