Mexican cuisine is primarily a fusion of indigenous Mesoamerican cooking with European,spanish elements added to it.
This recepie is made with brown rice, you may even make it with white rice.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Brown rice: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Onion: 1 small chopped
- Ripe tomatoes: 1 chopped
- Green chillies: 1 chopped
- Jalapenos: 1 tbsp chopped (optional)
- Garlic: 5 to 6 cloves chopped
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt : for taste
- Tomato sauce/ puree: 1 tbsp
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Cilantro: 1 tbsp finely chopped for garnishing
- Cook brown rice in pressure cooker for 7 to 8 whistles or until its cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oik in a wok. Add cumin seeds, chooped garlic and green chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it turns soft.
- Add red chilli powder, salt and toss well.
- Finally add brown rice and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
You must log in to post a comment.