Amti is a maharashtrian dal recepie which is very easy to make and is had along with rice , roti or bhakri.
I have made this with moong dal, you may even use tuvar dal.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Moong dal: 1/2 cup
- Galric: 3 to 4 crushed
- Tomato: 1/2 finely chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- In a pressure cooker boil moong dal, 3 to 4 crushed garlic and 1/2 tomatoes finely chopped with 2 cups of water.
- Once its completely cooked , mash it well with the back of laddle.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix.
- In a kadai heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add coriander leaves and curry leaves and just give it a toss.
- Add chopped garlic and remaing 1/2 tomatoes chopped.
- Saute till tomatoes become soft.
- Add red chilli powder and mix.
- Now add the mashed dal with enough water and boil for 3 to 4 mins.
- Garnish with few coriander leaves.
You must log in to post a comment.