One pot vegetable pulao is an instant pulao recepie made in pressure cooker. You can add veggies of your choice and can be made within minutes.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Basmati rice: 1/2 cup ( I used kolam rice )
- Onion: 1 large sliced
- French beans: 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrots: 1/2 cup chopped
- Potato: 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Green chilli : 1 chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Bay leaf: 1
- Star anise: 1
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Onion sliced: 1/4 cup
- Cashews: few halved
- Raisins: few
- Coriander leaves: few
- Wash and soak rice for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile cut veggies of your choice. I used carrots , potato and french beans . You may use green peas, cauliflower, mushrooms etc.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add 1/4 cup onions and fry it till it becomes brown and caramelised. Remove and keep aside.
- Add cashews and raisins and fry till it becomes golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- Now in the same oil add bay leaf, star anise and the remaining onions and saute till the onions become light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add green chilli and veggies one by one and keep tossing.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.mix well.
- Add the soaked rice to this with 1 n half cup of water and mix.
- Add garam masala and stir for a minute.
- Now close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure turn down and then open the lid.
- While serving garnish it with the caramalised onions, fried cashews and raisins and chopped coriander leaves.