This dish is a twist to the normal palak paneer recepie. As the name says ‘Lasooni’ ; lots of garlic is added to give it a rich flavour and taste. You can even make this recepie using fenugreek ( Methi leaves) . I have added fresh cream to the gravy , instead of cream coconut milk can also be used. To make it vegan substitute paneer with tofu and cream with almond milk.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Serves: 5 to 6
- Palak / Spinach leaves: 1 small bunch
- Onion: 1 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Garlic cloves: 10 to 12 finely chopped
- Paneer: 1 cup cubed
- Fresh cream: 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Asoefitida: a pinch
- Salt: for taste
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Clean the spinach leaves and chop it into small pieces.
- Cube the paneer pieces. Heat little oil in a pan and shallow fry the cubed paneer pieces till they get light brown colour. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds; let it splutter.
- Add garlic cloves and saute for a minute.
- Add onions with little salt and green chillies and saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and toss till it becomes soft.
- Add spinach leaves and toss for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Switch off the flame. Let it cool for 2 to 3 mins. Now blend it into smooth paste.
- In the same kadhai , add 1 tbsp oil and add the blend paste .
- Add little water and let it boil.
- Add garam masala , salt and mix well.
- Finally add fresh cream and fried paneer cubes and lightly toss.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or rotis.