This is a Indochineese recepie , blend of sweet and spicy in taste and texture.
Potatoes are cut lengthwise and fried to make crispy and then sauteed in schezwan sauce with other spices to make a delicious side dish.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Potato : 2 medium sized
- Onion: 1 cubed
- Garlic: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce: 2 tbsp
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Spring onion leaves: finely chopped few
- Corn flour: 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil: for frying
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut it inti lengthwise like that for french fries.
- Wash it again and dry it with a cloth.
- Add corn flour to the potato fingers and mix it roughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes till they becomes crisp.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a wok, add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add chopped garlic add saute for few seconds.
- Add cubed onions and toss till they turn translucent.
- Add chilli powder, honey schezwan sauce and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Now add the fried potatoes to this and mix well.
- Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish it with chopped spring onion leaves and sesame seeds.