I am the type of person who love cooking innovative recepies in my own way. This is a healthy version of sanwhich which is very filling and delicious. You can serve this for breakfast , pack for kids tiffin boxes or make it for snacks.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
For Corn Tikki :
- Boiled potato: 1 large size
- Corn kernels: 1/2 cup boiled
- Amchur / dried mango powder : 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Oats: 1/2 cup
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp
- Brown bread : 12 slices
- Onion: 1 sliced
- Capsicum: 1 sliced
- Tomato: 1 sliced
- Green chutney: 1/2 cup
- Neutrilite Butter: 1/2 cup
- Amchur powder: 1 tsp
- Mayonaise: 4tbsp
- Cheese block: for garnishing (optional)
- To make corn tikkis, coarsely blend boiled potato and corn kernels in mixer.
- Remove it into a bowl, add red chilli powder, garam masala , amchur powder and salt and mix it properly.
- Make 4 small balls out of the prepared mix and flatten it to round or oval shaped tikkis.
- Now roll it in oats so that the outer surface is covered with oats layer.
- Heat a non stick pan, add olive oil.
- Shallow fry the tikkis till both the sides turn golden brown.
- Keep aside the tikkes once they are done.
- Now this is a two layer sandwhich with 3 slices of bread.
- In the first slice , on one side apply butter and green chutney, place one corn tikki on top..
- Add 1 tbsp of mayonaise on top of the corn tikki and place 2 nd slice of bread on top.
- Now again spread butter and green chutney and place the veggies, sprinkle little amchur powder and close it with the third slice of bread.
- Now grease the grill with butter and toast the sandwhich.
- You can top the sandwhich with grated cheese before serving.