Bhindi or okra masala is a spicy north indian recepie. A blend of all the spices and condiments makes this dish very delicious.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- Bhindi / okra : 1/4 kg
- Onion: 1 finely sliced
- Tomatoes: 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic chilli : 1 tsp crushed
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Wash and clean dry the bhindi.
- Cut the bhindi into medium sized pieces.
- Heat a wok, add 1 tbsp oil, fry the bhindis on low flame covered till it becomes slight brown. Keep stirring in between.
- Remove the bhindis to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same wok, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onions and saute till it becomes golden brown.
- Add crushed ginger garlic and green chilli and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add the tomatoes and toss till it becomes soft.
- Now add all the dry spice powders except garam masala and sprinkle little water and blend everything well.
- Add the fried bhindis to this and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt and mix well . Add the garam masala at this stage.
- Let it cook for another 5 mins.
- You can adjust the gravy consistency as you like.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and garnish.
You must log in to post a comment.