Earlier I had made Egg Balls but its completely different from this recepie. Here i have used Potato stuffing to cover the hard boiled eggs and then rolled it over vermicilli to get a crispy texture.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Eggs : 4
- Potato : 2 boiled
- Onion: 1 grated
- Capsicum : 1 grated
- Vermicilli : 4 tbsp
- Bread crumbs: 1/2 cup
- Egg white : of 1 egg
- Green chilli : 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Amchur powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 1 cup for frying
- Hard boil eggs , remove the egg shell and keep aside.
- To prepare the outer covering, In a bowl add together boiled and mashed potatoes, grated onions, grated capsicum, green chillies , bread crumbs, all dry spice powders and salt. Mix properly.
- Make 4 big rounda balls out of the mix.
- Flatten it and place the egg in centre and cover the egg from all sides and give it an oval shape.
- Dip this in egg white , roll it in vermicilli and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, deep fry the egg balls in medium to low flame till all the sides become golden brown.
- Drain and remove the egg balls and keep it in absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.