Palak or spinach chicken is an innovative recepie wherein chicken is cooked in the spinach paste along with spices and condiments. Its a delicious side dish for non vegetarian meal.
- Chicken : 1/2 kg
- Spinach leaves: 20
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup
- Green chillies : 2
- Ginger garlic : 1 tbsp crushed
- Cinnamon stick : 1 small
- Green cardamom : 2
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Onions: 2 finely chopped
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Chicken masala : 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi : 1/2 tsp crushed
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil : 2 tbsp
- Boil chicken with salt and black pepper powder. Drain the water and save it for later, keep the chicken pieces aside.
- Make a fine paste using spinach leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add fennel seeds, cinnamon and cardamom. Saute for 15 secs.
- Add onions with little salt and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add crushed ginger garlic and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add the boiled chicken pieces and mix.
- To this add spinach paste and reserved chicken stock and mix well.
- Add coriander powder and chicken masala and give it a mix.
- Let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add crushed kasoori methi and mix .
- Switch off the flame after 2 mins.
- Cover and keep for 10 mins before serving.