This is spicy version of southindian food made in chettinad style. Detailed recepie below.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Chicken: 1/4 kg
- Onions: 2 sliced
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Green cardamom: 2
- Dry red chillies: 3
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon: 1 small piece
- Ginger garlic: 1 tsp crushed
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Tomato sauce: 1 tsp
- Corinader leaves: 1 tsp chopped
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai, add fennel seeds, cardamom,cinnamon and dry red chilli. Just give it a toss.
- Add onions with little salt and saute .
- Add green chillies and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add turmeric powder,red chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add the chicken pieces with pepper powder and little salt.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins or till the chicken gets cooked.
- Open the lid and add 1 tsp tomato sauce and mix.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.