Paaya or goat leg is very healthy and beneficial to encourage the bone health. The nutrition content in these trotters or goat leg makes the bone strong and is recommended for people who has calcium deficiency.
It is usually made into soup form. Today I have made a spicy and delicious gravy using goat leg which is very popular in India. It can be served with rice , roti or bhakri.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Goat leg / trotters: 10 to 15
- Shallots / pearl onion : 7 to 8 chopped
- Onion paste : 3 onions
- Tomato paste: 2 tomatoes
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tsp
- Bay leaf: 1
- Black peppercorns: 4 to 5
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Fennel seeds: 1/2tsp
- Green cardamom : 2
- Red chilli powder: 3 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 n 1/2 tsp
- Meat masala: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- In a pressure cooker , heat oil, add bay leaf, black peppercorns, cinnamon stick and cardamom.
- Add chopped shallots and saute for 2 mins.
- Add goat leg / trotters and mix.
- Finally add turmeric powder, salt and sufficient water and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistles.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add onion paste and saute till the raw smell goes and onion turns light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Mix together red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and meat masala with little water into a smooth paste and add this to the wok.
- Mix well and add tomato paste and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the stock of boiled trotters and boil for 2 mins. Now add the boiled trotters and cook covered for 15 mins.
- Open the lid , add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
You must log in to post a comment.