In India, there are many different varieties of cauliflower dishes. I usually make Gobi Manchurian which is my favourite one. But today i have tried a different recepie and it goes perfect as side dish with rice and rotis.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
- Cauliflower florets: 2 cups
- Onion: 1 big finely chopped
- Tomato : 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup
- Garlic cloves: 5
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Curd: 1 tbsp
- Green chilli : 1 or 2
- Garam masala / chicken masala: 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi : 1 /2 tsp
- Oil : 4tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Boil cauliflower florets. Drain and keep aside.
- Make a smooth paste of coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, green chilli, salt and curd.
- Marinate the florets with this paste and keep it for 5 minutes.
- Shallow fry the florets till they shrink.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, add onion and salt and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add chicken masala or garam masala and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and mix the masalas well.
- Now add the fried florets and mix well. Saute for another 5 to 6 mins.
- Add crushed kasoori methi and chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.