Parathas are almost every Indians favourite food. If we go to North India we see people regularly having parathas for any one of their daily meals. Parathas can be had even without any side dish because of the delicious stuffing it has got inside.
Parathas with curd or pickle is the ultimate combination. Today I have made Cauliflower paratha and I served it with another Northindian dish; Chole Masala.
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Yield : 8 to 10 parathas
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Cauliflower florets: 2 cups
- Garlic : 1 tsp finely chopped
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder: 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp ( I used Malvani Masala )
- Asoefitida powder: 1/4 tsp
- Amchur powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Ghee : as needed
- Make dough using wheat flour by adding warm water and oil. Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Wash and clean cauliflower florets.
- Coarsely grind the florets.
- Heat oil in a wok , add ground cauliflower and chopped garlic and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add all the dry spice powders and salt and mix well for 2 mins.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Roll out a medium sized dough ball.
- Keep a tablespoon full of prepared filling in the centre.
- Close it and cover from all sides .
- Again roll it out carefully without tearing .
- Heat a tawa, add the paratha and cook till both sides cook well.
- Add ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot with curd or any side dish.