PavBhaji is a very popular fast food in several parts of India specially in Mumbai. One can find PavBhaji served near all the street side stalls and restaurants. The thick glossy vegetable gravy served with buttered paavs are not only treat to our eyes but delicious too.
I often make it for breakfast or snacks. Cheese lovers can add grated cheese on top to enhance the flavour. The leftover bhaji can be used as side dish or as filling too. Lets checkout the recepie below.
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Onion: 2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
- Potatoes: 2 big boiled and mashed
- Green peas: 1 cup boiled
- Capsicum : 1 big finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala: 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Asoefitida: a pinch
- Food color: optional
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Butter:2 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Heat a kadai, add oil and little butter.
- Add cumin seeds , let it crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste and asoefitida and saute for few seconds.
- Add onion and salt and saute till onions turn soft.
- Add tomatoes and capsicum, cover and cook on low flame for 5 mins till they become soft.
- Now add mashed potatoes and green peas , mix well.
- You can either mash the veggies using a masher or transfer it to a blender and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Add little water and boil for 2 mins.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala and mix well.
- You can add food color at this stage if you like to add.
- Add lime juice and chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Switch off the flame and add butter on top.
- Serve it with buttered and toasted paavs and chopped onions.