Barfi is a common and popular Indian sweet usually made during festivals in India. It’s prepared using milk and maava usually.
I have used Milk powder in this recepie. A very easy to prepare sweet recepie. Checkout the recepie below:
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves: 20 nos
- Milk powder: 3 cups
- Milk: 1 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar: 1 cup
- Ghee: 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp
- Almonds: 2 tbsp grated
- Heat a Non stick pan ; add ghee, milkpowder and milk.
- Keep stirring continuously for 2 mins without forming any lumps.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep stirring till the mixture thickens and starts forming like a dough.
- Switch off the flame and transfer this to a greased tin or tray.
- Press it with greased palms and make the surface regular.
- Add chopped almonds on top and press lightly.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut it into desired shape and serve.