Monsoon and fried snack is an exciting combination . I love to munch on spicy and crispy fried food during rains,. Coz I am a foodie too😝.. Usually i make cutlets using veggies or chicken. This time I tried it with Paneer ( cottage cheese) .. and trust me it was super delicious.
I can say it’s a delicious snack or starter option for vegetarians. Easy to make and with readily available ingredients too.
So let’s checkout the recipie below:
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
Serves: 20 nos
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese: 2 cups grated
- Potato: 2 medium sized boiled
- Onion: 2 finely chopped
- Eggs: 3
- Bread Crumbs: 1 cup
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp chopped and crushed
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder:1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: for frying
- Heat a wok, add oil, add green chillies and crushed ginger and toss.
- Add onions and salt and saute till onion gets light brown.
- Add all dry spice powders and mix well.
- Add smashed boiled potatoes and grated paneer and mix well.
- Combine well with the masala and switch off the flame.
- Let it cool for some time and make small balls out of the prepared masala and flatten it out into tikki form.
- Heat oil for frying in a kadai, meanwhile beat the eggs.
- Dip the tikkis in egg first and roll it over the bread crumbs
- Fry all the cutlets the same way till both sides become golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.