Mushroom masala is a spicy hot side dish prepared in southIndian style . Best to have with Rotis and Chapatis.
Let’s checkout the recepie below:
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Mushrooms: 2 cups chopped
- Shallots / pearl onions: 20 nos finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom: 2
- Cinnamon: 1 small piece
- Coriander leaves: few
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok,add cumin seeds, green cardamom ,cinnamon stick and curry leaves.Let the cumin seeds crackle.
- Add chopped shallots, ginger, green chillies and salt and saute till onion becomes light brown.
- Add tomatoes and cover and cook for 2 mins till it turns mushy.
- Add all dry spice powders and mix well. Sprinkle little water to mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add chopped mushrooms and cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Keep stirring intermittently.
- Once cooked, add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
You must log in to post a comment.