Chundanga or turkey berry is a green fresh fruits which are edible and used in many cuisines. In Kerala it is commonly made into side dish for rice.
Let’s checkout the recepie below
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
- Chundanga/ Turkey berry: 1 1/2 cups
- Raw Plantain : 1 chopped
- Shallots / Kunjulli: 10 finely chopped
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Salt: for taste
- Curry leaves: few
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Wash and clean the berries.
- Crush the berries to remove the tiny seeds inside and transfer the crushed berries to a bowl of water.
- Wash again, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add shallots and curry leaves and toss till onions turn light brown.
- Add green chillies, chopped raw plantain and crushed berries.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Open the lid and cook for another 10 mins till the water dries up and switch off the flame.
You must log in to post a comment.