Vindaloo is typically a Goan dish prepare using Fenni or Cooking wine. As I love to try innovative recepies ,I gave a innovative twist to the original recepie and prepared it in Kerala style.
Vindaloos are best to have with rice and rotis. A very spicy and thick gravy based dish that can be relished for lunch or dinner.
Let’s checkout the detailed recepie below👇
Preparation time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Lamb: 300 g
- Onions: 2 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder:1 1/2 tsp
- Meat masala: 1 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies: 5
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cloves: 2
- Cinnamon stick: a small piece
- Green cardamom: 2
- Garlic: 4 cloves
- Ginger : a small piece
- Coconut milk: 1/2 cup
- White vinegar: 3tbsp
- Dry coconut pieces: 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Salt: for taste
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil: 1/4 cup
- In a bowl soak dry red chillies, cinnamon stick, cloves, green cardamom, cumin seeds,gin gin, garlic, coconut milk and white vinegar. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, make fine paste of the the soaked ingredients and marinate lamb pieces with this paste.
- Keep it covered for an hour.
- Cook the marinated lamb pieces with 3 cups of water and 1 tsp salt for 6 to 7 whistles.
- Heat a pan, add coconut oil.
- Add onions and saute till it browns.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- To this add the cooked lamb pieces along with the stock.
- Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Now add kashmiri chilli powder, Black pepper powder, coriander powder,meat masala and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook again for another 15 mins. Keep stirring in between.
- Cook till the gravy thickens.
- Saute dry coconut pieces in 1 tbsp ghee and pour this to the gravy.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and keep it covered for 10 mins before serving.