Aval Payasam is a Kerala special desert prepared using thick rice flakes. This is not a very common payasam recepie made in Kerala but still I have prepared it the authentic way.
So this year the first payasam recepie for Onam starts with Aval Payasam.. Checkout the recepie and video below 👇
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Aval / Rice Flakes: 3 1/2 cups
- Milk: 4 cups
- Melted jaggery: 2 cups
- Cardamom powder: 3/4 tsp
- Dry ginger powder: 1 /2 tsp
- Coconut milk: 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts: 1/3 cup
- Raisins: 1/3 cup
- Dry coconut pieces: 1/3 cup
- Heat a pan, add 3 tsp ghee.
- To this add cashew nuts,raisins and dry coconut pieces and toss.
- Roast till it turns golden brown and remove from pan and keep aside.
- To the same pan add remaining ghee and add rice flakes and toss.
- Keep tossing for 4 to 5 mins till it turns crisp and changes its colour.
- Add milk and let it boil.
- Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder and mix.
- When milk starts to boil,lower the flame and add melted jaggery.
- Do not cook longer after adding jaggery. Stir for sometime and switch off the flame.
- Add coconut milk and mix well.
- Finally add the roasted cashews, raisins and dry coconut pieces and mix.
You must log in to post a comment.