Bun Parotta/ Madras Parotta … Specially for all the Parotta lovers out there… It’s slightly different and easier to prepare than the Kerala parotta.. Proper kneading of the dough and roll out method if followed correctly, it’s a Win win situation.
I had prepared this for the first time when I saw a food documentary video showcasing these Parotta. And I searched for the proper method to make it on internet and tried it.. For the first time I can say it isn’t too perfect but not bad though so thought of sharing the recepie here.
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 3 hours
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 10 to 12 nos.
- Maida/ plain flour: 4 cups
- Eggs: 2
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 2 tsp
- Milk: 3 tbsp
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Knead together Maida,eggs,milk,salt and sugar . Add water little by little and knead into a soft dough.
- Apply oil and cover and keep aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- After 2 hours, divide and make large balls of the dough. Apply some more oil and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a flat greased platform.
- Fold either sides inwards and roll it like a spiral in circular form.
- Press slightly and repeat the same for all.
- Heat a pan ( iron skillet preferred) . Grease it with oil. Place the Parotta, drizzle some oil on top, cook both sides on medium flame.
- Keep all the Parottas one above the other and press between your hands to make the flakes soft and visible.
- Serve hot with any gravy . Enjoy 😊
Step by step pictures shown below 👇
LIKE | SHARE |COMMENT if you like the recepie