For keralaites beef is like a feeling They enjoy eating beef soo much that there are varities of beef recepies. Today I have made one such recepie in Kerala style which is served as side dish with Rice or Parotta or chapatis or if you wanna have it as starter too…
About the recepie, Beef is pressure cooked with shallots and spices , gravy prepared with spices and condiments and finally beef is tossed in this gravy and cooked till it gets roasted in rich flavour of coconut oil and Curry leaves..
Tip: * Always pressure cook beef without adding water.
*When you add onions and spices to the beef before pressure cooking, mix them thoroughly with hands.
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Beef: 1 kg
- Onions: 3 finely sliced
- Ginger: 1 tsp julienned
- Garlic: 1 tsp sliced
- Ginger garlic: 1 tbsp crushed
- Green chillies: 4 slit
- Shallots: 10 to 12 Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 3 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Coconut slices: 1/4 cup
- Salt: asrequired
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Wash and clean beef ,drain and transfer to a pressure cooker.
- Mix together beef, 5 to 6 chopped shallots , 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, sliced garlic, juliened ginger, 2 green chillies and salt with hands and pressure cook without adding water for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed ginger ,garlic,green chillies and sliced shallots. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add sliced onions, curry leaves and some salt and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Lower the flame and add dry spice powders and coconut slices and mix well. Keep sauteeing on low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the beef stock gradually and mix with the masala.
- Add the cooked beef, cover and cook for 10 mins on high flame.
- Open the lid and cook on low flame for another 10 to 12 mins . Keep tossing between.
- Finally switch off the flame, add a tbsp of Coconut oil on top and add some curry leaves and keep for sometime before serving.
LIKE | SHARE | COMMENT if you like the recepie
You must log in to post a comment.