Malabar Special Neichoru / Ghee Rice is a Kerala special Rice recepie prepared usually during any occasion… Had prepared this for dinner last night and everyone at home enjoyed each n every morsel ..
Back in Kerala it’s very famous in the Malabar region, For this recepie Kaima rice is used, I couldn’t find it here so I had prepared in Basmati rice, the rice is tossed in ghee with whole spices and sauteed onions and boiled to perfection.. Can be served with any gravy as sides..
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Basmati rice: 2 cups
- Onions: 3 large sliced
- Ghee: 1 cup
- Green cardamom: 4
- Cloves: 4
- Cinnamon stick: 2 small pieces
- Star anise: 1
- Bay leaf: 2
- Salt: as required
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Cashews: 1/2 cup
- Raisins: 1/4 cup
- Carrots: 1 finely cubed
- Onions: 1 large sliced
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee, add 1 sliced onions and fry till it turns brown, drain and keep aside. To the same pan add carrots and toss till it turns golden and crisp.
- Add cashews and toss till it turns golden,drain and keep aside, add raisins and when it puffs remove from pan.
- Heat 1 cup ghee in a wok or Biriyani vessel , add the whole spices and give it a toss.
- Add onions and little salt and saute till the onions turn soft .
- Drain the rice and add it to the wok and saute for 2 mins.
- Add 3 cups of water and mix. Add salt and lime juice and cover and cook on high flame for 10 mins. And simmer for another 10 mins or till rice is cooked. Do not overcook.
- Open the lid and keep it open for 10 mins.
- Garnish on top with fried onions,cashews, carrots and raisins.
LIKE | SHARE | COMMENT if you like the recepie…