Instant KHASTA KACHORI.. kachori is a very popular Indian snack specially prepared in kitchens of North India.. It is a spicy round and flat dumpling, outer covering is made of any of these flours( Plain flour,gram flour,wheat flour,semolina ) and filling prepared using moongdal and spices and spice powders. And then it is deep fried to a delicious spicy savoury snack.
There are many variants to this snack ,popular ones being KHASTA KACHORI, RAJ KACHORI,PYAAZ KACHORI and so on…
This is a easy to make instant Kachori recepie..
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 to 35 mins
Serves: 12 nos.
For outer covering:
- Plain flour/ Maida: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Wheat flour: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Rava/ semolina: 3 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Ghee: 3 tbsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Moongdal: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Ginger paste: 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Amchur powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 2 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Soak moong dal for 2 hours. Drain the water and grind into coarse paste without adding water.
- Prepare a stiff dough using maida,wheat flour,Rava,salt,ghee and baking soda.
- Knead for 5 to 7 mins. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meanwhile to prepare the filling,heat oil in a pan.
- Add fennel seeds and toss, to this add ginger paste and mix well.
- Lower the flame and add all the dry spice powders and mix well .
- Saute for 2 mins till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the ground moongdal paste with enough salt and keep stirring till it becomes dry.
- Divide the dough into large size balls.
- Roll out the dough ball into small thick circle, place 1 tbsp full of filling in centre. Cover it from all sides. Again roll out the dough into small circle.
- Heat oil, oil should not be very hot.
- Drop in the stuffed kachori into oil. Cook on low flame till it becomes fluffy and golden brown and crisp.
- Drain and keep aside. Serve hot with curd,mint chutney and sweet chutney.
LIKE | SHARE | COMMENT if you like the recepie