When hubby joins you for cooking, it has to be something special.. So presenting here recepie of the day HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN & CHIVE MASH.. Basically the chicken breast is marinated, shallow fried and fan cooked in oven , potatoes are cooked and mashed with chives and served up along with sauteed leeks, eschalot and carrots and flavoured up with some thyme leaves..
Check out the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Chicken breast: 350 g
- Wholegrain mustard: 40g or 1/3 cup
- Honey:2 tsp
- Garlic: 3 cloves finely chopped
- Potato: 2 cubed
- Chives: 1 bunch finely chopped
- Butter: 40 g
- Milk: 3 tbsp
- Leek: 1 finely sliced
- Eschalot: 2 finely sliced
- Carrot: 1 sliced into half moons
- Thyme: 1 bunch
- Salt: as per taste
- Black pepper powder: as per taste
- Olive oil: as required
- Combine wholegrain mustard, honey and half the garlic in a bowl. Drizzle some olive oil, add a dash of salt and pepper. Toss in the chicken breast to coat well. Keep aside.
- Preheat the oven for 20 mins.Heat a pan, drizzle some olive oil. Add the chicken breast and cook for 2 to 3 mins on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to a oven tray lined with baking paper, spoon over any remaining marinade into the chicken breast.
- Fan cook for 12 mins, or until cooked through.
- Boil water in a saucepan with some salt in it. Add in the cubed potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 or until easily pierced with a fork or knife.
- Drain the water, add in butter, milk and some salt. Mash it well. Add in the chives and mix. Keep aside.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a heated pan, saute sliced leek, eschalot and picked thyme leaves for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in carrots and remaining garlic and toss for another 3 to 4 mins. Add a dash of salt and pepper and toss.
- Slice the honey mustard chicken , transfer to the serving plates. Divide the mashed potato and sauteed veggies and garnish with reserved chives and serve up.
LIKE | SHARE |COMMENT if you like the Recepie