Today I have come up with a simple and easy rice recepie. Onion rice; where rice is cooked and tossed along with sautéed onions and spices.
It’s a best substitute to boring lunch or dinner and can be served with salad and papas to make it a complete meal.
Let’s checkout the detailed recepie below 👇🏻
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Cooked white rice: 4 cups
- Onion: 1 large finely sliced
- Ginger: 1 tsp chopped
- Green chillies: 2 chopped
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Asoefitida powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Lime juice: 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Mint leaves: few chopped
- Vegetable oil:4 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let it crackle.
- Add green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and toss.
- Add sliced onions with salt and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the dry spice powders and sauté on low flame for 2 mins.
- Finally add the cooked rice and toss well.
- Add lime juice, coriander leaves , mint leaves and salt if required. Give it a toss and keep it covered for sometime before serving.