Veg Pulao is a Northindian recepie which is usually prepared by boiling or pressure cooking rice along with veggies and spices.
Here in this recepie I have followed a quick and easy method to prepare pulao. Any veggies of your choice can be used for this recepie , for example ; Peas, carrots, cauliflower, beans, potato, paneer cubes,corn kernels ,soya chunks etc.
This pulao is a super combination to go with any vegetable side dish or salad. The rich flavour of pure ghee / clarified butter and whole spices gives special aroma and taste to the recepie.
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
- Cooked rice : 4 cups
- Carrots : 1 chopped
- French beans: 1/2 cup chopped
- Peas: 1 cup boiled
- Ginger: 1 tsp juliened
- Green chillies: 1 tsp chopped
- Bay leaf: 1
- Green cardamom: 2
- Cloves: 2
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Black pepper corns: 3 to 4
- Star anise: 1
- Salt: as required
- Ghee / clarified butter: 2 tbsp
- Heat a wok, add ghee and let it melt.
- Add the whole spices and toss for a minute.
- Add ginger and green chillies and toss.
- Now add the veggies and saute on medium flame for 5 to 6 mins.
- Finally add the cooked rice with some salt and mix well , toss for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot .