Egg Biriyani prepared in pressure cooker is a quick and delicious meal ready to serve when you have guests at your place or for any party. I came across this recepie in a youtube channel called Homecooking casted by Foodblogger Hema Subramaniam. Shes got amazing food recepies and I tried this Egg Biriya i which came out to be amazing.
Lets checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 30 to 40 mins
- Eggs: 4
- Long grain rice/ Basmati : 2 cups
- Onions: 2 large finely sliced
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Tomato : 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup chopped
- Mint leaves: 1 cup chopped
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cloves: 4
- Green cardamom: 4
- Cinnamon : 1 small stick
- Star anise: 1
- Salt: as required
- Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
For Curd mixture :
- Curd : 1/2 cup
- Kashmiri Chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1 n 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala : 1 tbsp
- Onion: 1 large finely sliced
- Almonds / cashews: sliced
- Soak rice in water for 30 mins.
- Hard boil eggs, peel and set aside.
- Heat a pan, add some oil to fry the onions. Add the sliced onions with some salt and fry till dark brown and crisp . Drain and Keep aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tsp red chilli powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder and some salt and toss on low flame. Add the boiled eggs and roast for 2 to 3 mins. Keep aside.
- Heat the pressure cooker, add ghee + oil.
- Add the whole spices and toss.
- Add sliced onions, green chillies and salt. Saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they turn soft and mushy.
- Prepare the curd mixture and add it to the cooker. Mix well . Let it cook for 2 mins. Keep sauteeing.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Add the soaked rice (2 cups) with 3 cups of water.
- Check for salt, add if required.
- Place the eggs on top. Sprinkle on top with fried onions, some coriander leaves and fried nuts.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle on low flame.
- Let the pressure settle down and its ready to serve.