Prepared authentic kerala style Goat recepie after a long long time. Whenever i went for grocery shopping here in Newzealand , I found only lamb most of the times. And one fine day I was lucky to get the fresh goat meat and here it is #recepieoftheday..The recepie credit goes to my MIL , she’s an expert to cook this recepie… So this special recepie , MUTTON CURRY IN COCONUT MILK , is prepared in rich flavour of coconut . You can find the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
For pressure cooking:
- Mutton: 1/2 kg
- Coconut milk: 400ml / 2 cups
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tbsp
- Onions: 3 finely sliced
- Ginger: 1 tbsp juliened
- Garlic: 1 tbsp crushed
- Green chillies: 2-3 slit
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
- Garam masala: 2tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 1tsp
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4tbsp
- Wash , clean and drain the mutton pieces and set aside.
- Marinate the mutton pieces with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Transfer this to a pressure cooker. Add coconut milk n 1 cup of hot water. Pressure cook on medium flame for 1 whistle. Let the pressure settle on its own.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger,garlic and green chillies and toss.
- Add onions with some salt and currt leaves and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Lower the flame and add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder ,coriander powder and half of garam masala.Mix well and saute till oil starts releasing from sides.
- Add the pressure cooked mutton and mix well.
- Add the remaining half garam masala and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame for 10 to 15 mins till gravy thickens and switch off the flame.
- Keep it covered for some time before serving.