A very popular chicken recepie in SouthIndia, Madras Chicken is a combination of spicy and tangy chicken recepie.
Here I have added some of my own twists to the orginal recepie and sharing it here for my readers.
Your feedback is my motivation, do comment your suggestions below.
Lets checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time:15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 to 4
For Curry paste:
- Shallots: 1 cup chopped
- Onion: 1 roughly chopped
- Garlic: 4 to 5 cloves
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Dry red chillies: 2
- Boneless chicken: 1/4 kg or 250g
- Green cardamom: 2
- Cloves: 3
- Tomato puree: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 n 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Blend together the ingredients listed under for curry paste. Set aside.
- Heat a wok, add oil. Add cardamom and cloves and toss.
- Add the ground curry paste and saute for 5 to 6 minutes, till the raw smell goes off.
- Lower the flame and add dry spice powders and mix well till oil separates.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the masala.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 7 mins on medium flame.
- Remove the lid and saute on medium to high flame till the gravy thickens and finally add some curry leaves and mix.