I have come up with yet another chicken roast recepie which is spicy with semi gravy and full of flavours. And I give the recepie courtesy to my loving husband who had prepared this when I was having a busy day.
The gravy was sooo delicious , so I thought of sharing the recepie here. Its a slow cooking recepie but worth trying it.
Do try the recepie and give me your feedback in the comments below .
Lets checkout the recepie now .
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
For Marination :
- Chicken : 3/4 kg
- Yoghurt : 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Onions: 3 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger : 1 tsp finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 n 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Green cardamom: 2
- Black cardamom: 1
- Bay leaf: 2
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Black peppercorns: 3 to 4
- Cloves: 2
- Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves: few crushed
- Salt: as required
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tbsp juliened
- Marinate chicken pieces with ingredients listed above for marination. Keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai / wok. Add the whole spices. Toss for few seconds.
- Add onions with some salt and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Add the dry spices powders and cook the masalas on low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add the chicken pieces, mix well with the spices and keep sauteeing for 5 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook for 20 to 25 mins on medium to low flame.
- Open the lid , check for salt, add if required. Mix well and cook for another 10 to 15 mins. The gravy will thicken and become creamy.
- Finally add some coriander leaves and kasuri methi and switch off the flame and set aside.
- For tempering, heat a pan , add ghee. Add green chillies and ginger. Give it a toss. Pour this into the chicken and mix well.