Here’s a quick and easy Potato stir fry recipe prepared in kerala style. This stir fry goes well with rice or rotis. I prepare this slightly different than the usual mezhukperati/ stir fry preparation.
Lets checkout the detailed recipe below .
PREPARATION TIME: 10 mins
COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- Potatoes: 2 medium.sized
- Shallots/ pearl onions/ kunjulli: 4 to 5 nos.
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Red chilli flakes: 2 tsp
- Red onion: 1/2 finely chooped
- Curry leaves: few
- Asoefitida powder: a pinch
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Curry powder/ Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salt:for taste
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Finely cube the potatoes.
- Crush together shallots, cloves and red chilli flakes.
- Heat a pan, add coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds,let it splutter.
- Add the crushed mix ,asoefitida and curry leaves and saute for 3 to 4 mins or till the raw smell goes off.
- Add onions and saute till the onions start to change color.
- Add the potatoes and mix. Add salt and cover and cook for 6 to 7 mins, stirring in between.
- When the potatoes start to become tender, add turmeric powder and curry powder. Mix well. Cover and cook again for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle some more oil if you think the potatoes are geeting dried.
- Add some pepper powder and mix well and its ready to serve.