Mirchi ka salan is a hydrebadi recepie ; gravy is made with peanut and grated coconut and spices and fried green chilli. Authentic dish , very easy to make and can be served with rice or chapatis.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 to 5
- Peanuts: 1 cup
- Sesame seeds: 1/ 4 cup
- Dried coconut/ khopra: 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves : 2
- Ginger: small piece
- Salt: a pinch
- Onion: 1 large finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Green chillies : 4 to 5 big sized
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery: 1 tbsp grated
- Tamarind pulp: 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Vegetable oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Dry roast peanuts , seasame seeds and dried coconut and blend it along with other ingredients mentioned above ” to grind” into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the green chillies.
- Fry till the colour fades a little.
- Remove from oil and keep it aside.
- In the same oil add cumin seeds and curry leaves, let it splutter.
- Add onions and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ground paste to this and add 1 cup water. Let it boil for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add tamarind pulp and grated jaggery to this along with little salt and mix well.
- Cook for 15 mins.
- After removing from flame, top it with the fried green chillies and garnish with coriander leaves.