Payasam is a sweet dish / desert in kerala. I have made this using dates. This dish can be made using coconut milk but here I have used condensed milk . Do try this recepie, its really yum !!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Dates: 20 to 25 seeds removed and chopped
- Milkmaid: 1 small cup
- Milk: 1 large cup
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
- Dry ginger powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cashews: few
- Raisins: few
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Water : 2 cups
- In a vessel heat 2 cups of water.
- Add chopped dates to this.keep stirring continously till it becomes completely soft and into paste form.
- Smash it in between with back of the spoon laddle.
- Now add milk to this and stir well.
- Add condensed milk and mix well.
- You may add water after checking the consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder.
- Bring to boil so dat it thickens slightly.
- Now in a separate wok heat ghee and add cashews and raisins.
- Stir it until it becomes light brown and pour it into the payasam.
- Mix well and serve.